September 6 – 7, 2018
Concord, North Carolina, USA
Come spend 2 days with Sidney Dekker!
Come to beautiful Charlotte, NC, on September 6-7, 2018 to interact with bestselling writer, filmmaker, pilot and professor Sidney Dekker for an exclusive 2-day Masterclass. With the collaboration of Art of Work, where Sidney is Chief Scientist, Fisher Improvement Technologies has succeeded in brokering unique and exclusive access to Professor Dekker for two days only. This is your chance to interact with and learn from one of the foremost voices for a human-centered and humane approach to safety; and to network with others.
- Gain a better understanding of why and how your operations are successful and enhance the capacities in your teams to make it so. Don’t (just) try to control things from going wrong, or just fix things when they have gone wrong.
- Understand that most of your people don’t come to work to do a bad job. If things go wrong, understand that everybody’s fingerprints (including yours) are probably all over it.
- Don’t ask who is responsible, ask what is responsible.
- Identify issues in your leadership, your operation, your systems, targets and processes that puts downward pressure on your people’s openness, honesty and willingness to share and learn.
- Understand that many post-event reactions are neither just, nor do they contribute to learning. So-called ‘just culture’ models that ask what rule was broken, how bad that was and what the consequences should be, do little to improve safety or accountability.
- Determine how restorative practices can enhance both accountability and learning by honestly and collaboratively examining the hurts, needs and obligations that follow from a bad event or near miss.
- Understand how leadership qualities of accessibility, humbleness, open-mindedness and the acknowledgement of one’s own fallibility can create a new kind of accountability in your organization: the sharing and learning from stories, from people’s accounts.
Masterclass Registration and Pricing
This masterclass is limited to 150 attendees so register now to reserve your seat!
Thank you everyone!
This event will be held at the Embassy Suites listed below from 8AM-5PM each day.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte Concord Golf Resort & Spa
Please email us at info@ImproveWithFIT.com with any questions!
Going online to www.embassysuitesconcord.com
– 1. Make a Reservation; 2. Select Dates of your stay; 3. Add Special Rate Codes; 4. Group Code: SDM.
Calling the hotel direct @ 704 455 8200 and speaking to our reservations department; please give the agent the dates needed and your group, SDM
Calling 1 800 362-2779 and let the reservationist know that you’re looking to book with the group code SDM and for what dates.
The cutoff for making reservations is midnight on 08/06/2018
**Any requests after this date or after the block has been filled will be taken on a rate and availability basis.