Title: Cause Analysis/Corrective Action Program (CAP) for Senior Leadership/Management
Note – this course is tailored somewhat for each client’s specific need for manager education.
Overview: This course increases the capability of senior leadership to provide governance and oversight to the CAP program and specifically high-quality cause analyses.
- Cause Analysis Overview
- Objective methods to identifying apparent and root causes, contributing factors, organizational and programmatic failures
- Risks of over or under analyzing
- Development of effective corrective actions using the ‘SMART’ concept to resolve issues
- The attendees will have a better understanding of the processes and techniques required to perform, review and approve more effective cause analyses and corrective actions
- Understand the graded approach to causal analysis
- Explain the purpose and importance of cause analyses
- Aware of the root cause and apparent cause procedures
- Understand the important elements of cause analyses
- Understand the techniques and methods required to perform effective root cause (major incident) and minor incident analysis
Duration & Delivery Format: 4 hours – Classroom