August 21-24, 2018
Concord, North Carolina, USA
Rick Foote has led incident analysis teams and trained analysts for more than twenty-five years. Rick was among the first innovators to integrate human performance principles into incident analysis approaches, and co-authored IEEE Standard 1707-2015, Recommended Practice for the Investigation of Events at Nuclear Facilities.Rick Foote
Who Will Benefit from Attending?
Our workshop equips individuals seeking initial training as analysts, analysts who are already highly experienced, and managers who lead incident analysis teams with knowledge and skills that enable performing more efficient and effective investigations. Managers who provide oversight for incident analysis programs should also attend.
Our workshop integrates human performance fundamentals with proven incident analysis processes and techniques. Attendees are taught how to perform various analytical techniques and how use of those techniques will lead them to the causes of events, thereby facilitating identification and implementation of corrective actions capable of reducing the risk of incident recurrence. Topics include:
- Human performance fundamentals from an incident analysis perspective
- Managing incident analysis teams and ensuring successful outcomes
- Applying proven incident analysis processes, tools, and techniques
- Structured approaches for determining the Extent of Condition and the Extent of Cause
- Assessing prior occurrences for relevance to the current incident
- Identifying causal factors that induced the human behaviors and/or equipment failures involved in the incident
- Identifying contributing factors that allowed the incident to occur and/or increased its significance
- Developing lean and effective corrective action plans
- Determining Human Error Types
- Barrier Analysis
- Change Analysis
- Task Analysis
- Event and Causal Factors Charting
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Deviation Analysis
- Why Analysis
- Performing Extent of Condition and Extent of Cause Evaluations
- Corrective Action Plan Development
Workshop Registration and Pricing
Cost: $2,250.00/person – includes training materials, lunch, a certificate of completion, 32 Continuing Education Units (CEU), networking opportunities, and continuing access to incident analysis consulting assistance. Pay before July 15, 2018 and receive an early registration rate of only $2,000.00/person. All groups of 5+ people who register at the same time will also qualify for the reduced rate.
Our workshop is limited to 20 students in order to facilitate extensive instructor/attendee interactions,
so register now to reserve your seat!
Fisher Improvement Technologies
271 Executive Park Drive, Concord, North Carolina, 28025
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 2491 Wonder Dr, Kannapolis, NC, 28083 · (704) 743-1080
- Hampton Inn, 612 Dickens Pl NE, Concord, NC, 28025 · (704) 793-9700
- Country Inn & Suites, 580 Dickens Pl NE, Concord, NC, 28025 · (704) 793-6777
Join our list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
If you have any questions, contact Rick Foote at email@example.com or call 330.298.8449.